Thursday 25 July 2024

Letting it go.

I dropped my Twitter account.

And somehow, it did not make sense to write a tweet about it.

Many years ago, when I was riding by bike as courier, we had a van driver, Tony.

He told me the two rules of a bar: 

    One, Never talk about politics with strangers. 

    Two, Never talk about football with strangers.

If you follow these rules, you won´t get into any sterile arguments when in a bar.

Years passed, and around 2011 I opened my first account, just to see what it was about. The world was different back then. Cellphones did not have internet, and being connected was about checking your email once every day when you got home from office.

I have to say I had fun moments in twitter, met a lot of people and found the testing community to be nice and supportive.

But times have changed, I have changed, This bar has changed.

Half of the people I knew have left, half do not come much, and even that I got in contact with other interesting circles, it is not worth my time.

No, this bar has changed, it has a different name, different music, different people hanging around.

And of course, there is no point in writting a tweet anouncing I´m leaving. Like saying out loud that you won´t come again to the bar, while you are still there.

See you down the road.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Letting it go.

I dropped my Twitter account. And somehow, it did not make sense to write a tweet about it. Many years ago, when I was riding by bike as cou...